Hello my name is Brittney, and I am going to share with you how to get started as an affiliate marketer- Affiliate marketing is an excellent way to make extra income or to make a living. The Marketing industry is predicted to grow by 73% by 2020 so as you can see there is so much opportunity. This blog will be helpful for people who are just getting started with affiliate marketing and for people who have successfully done affiliate marketing for a while.
Now let’s get started! I always recommend the start of by researching who your audience is. Tim Ferris does a great job explaining the process of discovering your audience in his book “Four Hour Work” week grab a copy when you get a chance it’s super helpful. Okay so knowing your audiences is so essential to effective target marketing. You don’t want to have offer cat products to a dog lover it won’t make sense they will be uninterested. Think about what needs you will be able to meet.
It helpful to write to an audience you understand, and that will vibe with you and who will trust your recommendations. Speak to people who can relate to you, and you can relate to. Know what resonates with them then meet that need. What is the market needs or desires of your audience is it a first-time mother looking for resources on how to care for a newborn.
I love affiliate marketing because it’s stirring up something in the consumer, not just hey purchase this product. It either creates a conversation or teaches something; it’s more of exchange then a one-sided sale. And it is a super very effective way of connecting beyond the purchase. I remember when I would see an ad that is had no connection to me I would just ignore it. I recommend approaching your marketing strategy with lot’s of resources
Be careful with direct marketing can be a turn off depending on the audience for example if you are working with a younger generation then most likely they will be turned off from any type of direct marketing they would be more responsive to something that has a deeper feel and a stronger emotional impact. In other words, you must know your audience and be able to provide them with value. When it comes to value, I understand it can be difficult to discern what will be the most value. The challenge I always faced was constantly overthinking the process don’t fall for this trap just get started and understand that you will evolve and your content will become stronger.
I want to spend time on value to help you as a marketer understand how important providing value is when you are marketing. It can take hours and sometimes it can be something small what matters is that you are consistently providing value. Now let’s dive in and break down the different value ads and the different strategies you can take to engage your audience. Value can mean something totally different to each person. For example I believe Tony Robbins (Link) does a phenomenal job at providing value. I have experienced his work and read his books. Weather it was informational, emotional, or just a plan reality check I have always gain so much value.
- Providing free resources- E-books video training webinars, think about what you can do easily and create something you can give away for free it might cost you something time money your resource, but you will be surprised at the kind of return you will see. Think about the law of giving. Gary V mentions it time and time again that he is constantly giving away value. It’s not enough to get people hyped up on motivation and not provide them with tools to go out and make it happen. Think about that when you are creating content. Create a Newsletter keep readers engage with new content.
- Learning about your audience- I covered this earlier, so I am not going to spend too much time talking about it. The important part about this is the research you don’t have to spend an insane amount of time researching but have an in-depth understanding of the struggles and the questions your audience may have to know about their lifestyle. Larger companies spend millions of dollars to study our spending habits and our motives to purchase. It will behoove you to put some effort into your research. We are lucky because we understand the consumer because most of the time we are the consumer, so we understand our audience better than the larger companies that is why affiliate marketing is so huge. So research your audience but also trust your own experience as a consumer. (picture Here)
- Create an experience/ atmosphere that will make the reader want to bookmark and return for more. Authenticity is the word I want to use stress. The experience you create for your readers will be vital for your success. Be yourself and share real information that will help your audience reach their next level. Have fun with this part. Now you may not need a website but I recommend it! And it is n super easy to put together with hosting sites like 1 & 1 .
- Ask – Gauge what your audience is interested in hearing about ask them what topics they would like you to create content around (this will help with step 2). There are several ways that you can get this information at the end of your video or an article simple ask; please share what you would like to me to cover on the next article or video.
- Pick a niche – don’t try to talk to everyone you want to speak to a specific niche. Become the queen/ King of your mountain. Be a specialist – not a generalist this will help you become an expert, and we are all experts at something weather it is drawing or netting. Make a list of things you are good at and pick a niche.
- Provide Value- I want to spend time on value to help you as a marketer understand how important providing value is when you are marketing. It can take hours and sometimes it can be something small what matters is that you are consistently providing value. Now let’s dive in and break down the different value ads and the different strategies you can take to engage your audience. Value can mean something totally different to each person. For example I believe Tony Robbins does a phenomenal job at providing value. I have experienced his work and read his books. Weather it was informational, emotional, or just a plan reality check I have always gain so much value.
These are a few basic steps you can use to get started with connecting with your audience and providing the best value. My biggest piece of advice is to have fun with it you want to enjoy the process. Don’t go into with dread if you are struggling with getting in the flow or get stagnate then follow this link and get motivated Tony Robbins- or just get to work I find when I don’t feel like taking action that the best remedy is taking the action regardless of how you feel.